CLA News / 6th Commonwealth Law Conference Rule of Law Award 2023
The Commonwealth Lawyers Association in conjunction with LexisNexis is pleased to announce the 6th Commonwealth Law Conference Rule of Law Award 2023
The Commonwealth Lawyers Association is delighted to offer this prestigious award established in collaboration with LexisNexis to recognise the outstanding contribution of an individual or organization to furthering the rule of law. The winner will be awarded a unique engraved trophy recognising their achievement and offered either a contribution for travel and admission to the 23rd Commonwealth Law Conference in Goa or the opportunity to donate their prize* to a not-for-profit organisation of their choice, whose mission it is to further one or more of the key elements of the rule of law: equality under the law, transparency of law, independent judiciary and accessible legal remedy
At the closing ceremony of the conference, the 2023 winner will be presented with the award on stage by the CLA President and representatives of LexisNexis and will be recognised on the CLA website. We hope that you will be able to join us in Goa to congratulate the winner. It is a really memorable event and there has never been a more important time to celebrate the work and dedication of those throughout the Commonwealth who champion and defend the rule of law.
*cash prize of US $5,000 donated to a charity of the winner’s choice or used to support their travel which will be arranged by the sponsor – no part cash payment will be available.
Terms and Conditions
- The form must be completed in full and all sections are mandatory. Incomplete entries will be automatically disqualified.
- Entries exceeding the specified 500 word statement will be automatically disqualified.
- No entries will be accepted after the closing date of 18th October, 2022.
- Judging will take place over the period of the competition by an independent panel of judges and their decision will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by email and receive official notification of their award in writing in December 2022 subject to the panel’s decision.
- The winner agrees that their photograph maybe used in any publicity for the award, on the CLA website under the winner announcement and in the CLC2023 programme. Any photographs will remain the property of CLA.
- The winner (his or her representative where it is not possible for the winner to attend) will be presented with their award by the CLA President and members of Lexis Nexis senior management at the closing ceremony of CLC2023 on the 9th March 2023 before the congress of delegates.
- The winner shall receive a beautiful engraved trophy plus a contribution for travel arranged by the sponsor from country of origin to the CLC2023 in Goa with entry to CLC2023 for all conference days.
- Should the winner not require the assistance in item 8 above, Lexis Nexis will endow a charity of the winner’s choice with a donation to that charity of USD $5,000.
- No cash alternative to the prize above will be considered.
- Questions regarding the award will only be accepted by email at email@example.com