A5 : Attorney-client privilege in the 2020s
“The attorney who acts for himself has a fool for a client.” We examine how conflicts arise when the General Counsel sits as a Director on the Board to which he is beholden. We also examine how regulatory obligations on legal advisors compromise the confidentiality between attorney and client in business matters. How these rules override trust where financial disclosures may have to be made, and in criminal matters where the need for self-regulation and compliance with international money laundering expectations impact attorney-client privilege? This session will discuss the challenge of providing the right balance in a client’s interest.
Discover the benefits of sponsoring a session at the Commonwealth Law Conference 2021 which offers a unique opportunity for session partners to showcase their organisation, increase awareness and establish collaborative relationships with a truly international audience of law practitioners, senior justice leaders, academics, innovators and emerging new talent who will be present at this flagship biannual event.
A comprehensive Conference programme with 5 distinct daily streams provides a suite of session sponsorship opportunities for key partners.
- Sponsor flyer positioning on delegate seats at the session*
- Sponsor logo and acknowledgement in the official conference programme
- Sponsor logo on session screen
- Sponsor logo on official photography backdrop at registration – alongside date and venue
- Sponsor logo, link and acknowledgement on the conference partner page of the CLC website
- Package US $4000
*printing to be managed by the sponsor
Please contact us to discuss sponsorship options.