D11: Sports post Covid-sustaining the sporting model
2020 witnessed the global cancellation of sporting activities as a result of COVID-19 with sports federations and sportspersons bearing the brunt of this. Some sports organisations now find themselves on the verge of bankruptcy with their members having left the sport entirely or having to support themselves independently and this is particularly prevalent at grassroots level. In such circumstances, there has not been a collaborative effort by the sports industry to address these concerns. Should a system be set-up where nations, international federations, major event and league organisers come together to create a fund with minimum standards for the benefit of sport ? Is a World Sports Fund a requirement ?
View Other Event Streams
The CLC Papers Committee are pleased to invite applications to speak at this session noting the criteria for submissions:
- The abstract outline is to be no more than 500 words
- The abstract must very specifically address the topic/brief outline in the descriptor
- Submissions must include a brief bio of relevant experience and professional background of no more than 200 words
– if chosen this will be posted to the speaker page on the website
- Submissions must include a professional high-resolution photo (COMPEL to confirm resolution criteria)
- Provide a file or link to a short prior recorded presentation for our reference
- Any applications that do not meet these criteria in full will not be considered
Speaker applicants will also need to be aware that:
- The Papers Committee decision is final and there will be no appeal process
- If you are selected to receive an invitation you will be required to respond and, if accepting, register for a conference ticket
within 3 weeks of receipt of the invitation
- Confirmed speakers are only able to cancel by giving 2 months’ notice (notice period to be confirmed), ahead of the
conference and the all standard registration terms and conditions will still apply
- Confirmed speakers will receive a 30% discount on the delegate rate for which they are eligible
If a confirmed speaker later pulls out then the full delegate fee will fall due before the start of the conference.
- Once invited and accepted, speakers will be asked to submit their papers/presentations approx. a month before the
conference and any final changes will need to submitted xxx before.
- Electronic welcome speaker packs will be sent out approx. xxx before the conference
- By accepting an invitation to speak you will be giving your permission for your presentation to be published on the CLA
website, in newsletters and on our social media channels during and after the conference.
Discover the benefits of sponsoring a session at the Commonwealth Law Conference 2021 which offers a unique opportunity for session partners to showcase their organisation, increase awareness and establish collaborative relationships with a truly international audience of law practitioners, senior justice leaders, academics, innovators and emerging new talent who will be present at this flagship biannual event.
A comprehensive Conference programme with 5 distinct daily streams provides a suite of session sponsorship opportunities for key partners.
- Sponsor flyer positioning on delegate seats at the session*
- Sponsor logo and acknowledgement in the official conference programme
- Sponsor logo on session screen
- Sponsor logo on official photography backdrop at registration – alongside date and venue
- Sponsor logo, link and acknowledgement on the conference partner page of the CLC website
- Package US $4000
*printing to be managed by the sponsor
Please contact us to discuss sponsorship options.