Call for Speakers
The CLC Papers Committee are pleased to invite applications to speak at this session noting the criteria for submissions:
- The abstract outline is to be no more than 500 words
- The abstract must very specifically address the topic/brief outline in the descriptor
- Submissions must include a brief bio of relevant experience and professional background of no more than 200 words- if chosen this will be posted to the speaker page on the website
- Submissions must include a professional high-resolution photo ( 1024 x 768 as a jpeg or png file)
- Provide a file or link to a short prior recorded presentation for our reference
- Any applications that do not meet these criteria in full will not be considered
Speaker applicants will also need to be aware that:
- The Papers Committee decision is final and there will be no appeal process
- If you are selected to receive an invitation you will be required to respond and, if accepting, register for a conference ticket within 3 weeks of receipt of the invitation
- Confirmed speakers are only able to cancel by giving 2 months’ notice (notice period to be confirmed), ahead of the conference and the all standard registration terms and conditions will still apply
- Confirmed speakers will receive a 30% discount on the delegate rate for which they are eligible
- If a confirmed speaker later pulls out then the full delegate fee will fall due before the start of the conference.
- Once invited and accepted, speakers will be asked to submit their papers/presentations approx. a month before the conference and any final changes will need to submitted 10 days before.
- Electronic welcome speaker packs will be sent out approx. 3-5 days before the conference
- By accepting an invitation to speak you will be giving your permission for your presentation to be published on the CLA website, in newsletters and on our social media channels during and after the conference.